The Mission Viejo Chamber of Commerce is pleased to conduct ribbon cuttings at no cost to our Business Level and above members in good standing, provided they meet the guidelines below. Please review all guidelines and then complete the request form below to schedule a Chamber of Commerce ceremony for your new business location. The Mission Viejo Chamber Ribbon Cutting Committee Chairperson will contact you to schedule a date and coordinate the event.
Ribbon Cutting Policy and Guidelines
- Member who has opened a new business within the last 12 months
- Member who has an existing business in a new location
- Member who’s business has changed ownership within the last 12 months
- Member who is celebrating a ground breaking
- Member who is celebrating a relocation or major expansion /renovation
- Member who is celebrating a major anniversary - 10, 20, 25, years etc.
- Ribbon cuttings are subject to availability. We typically hold ribbon cuttings on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays provided they do not conflict with any other Chamber activity or event. Other days may be arranged in special circumstances, at the discretion of the Chamber.
- Please give the Chamber three to four week notice as to give us ample time for promotion and notification of elected officials and allow for optimum Chamber participation.
- Members who wish to include their ribbon cutting with a larger event may do so. However the responsibilities of the Chamber in that event are same as Ribbon Cuttings.
- The chamber will notify: Chamber Board, Chamber Ambassadors, City, County, State and Federal government officials of the event and invite them to attend.
- The Chamber provides: Chamber banner, ribbon, bow and large ceremonial scissors, generally Chamber President will act as master of ceremonies.
- Chamber photographer records the event and will share the photographs following the event, and photos will be posted on the chamber website.
- We encourage hosting member to invite clients, vendors, neighboring businesses, family and friends to ribbon cuttings. This is not only to have a large gathering for photo opportunities; it enables the business to showcase its assets to more people in the community.
- Most businesses provide snacks, appetizers and refreshments. These are always optional and at the discretion of the hosting business, but are strongly recommended.
- We suggest you plan for parking and clear entrances to your building.
- Don’t rely completely on the Chamber for attendance at your event. The Chamber cannot guarantee the number of guests in attendance.
- Don’t over think what you will say when telling your story at the event. We love to hear your story in an authentic way.
- Don’t forget to enjoy the occasion! Stop to take it all in. Meet new people and build relationships.